The ROCKWOOL Foundation Berlin Institute for the Economy and the Future of Work (RFBerlin) is seeking an all-round administrative manager to assist the Director in all operational tasks. The place of employment is Berlin.
RFBerlin is a new research institute funded by the ROCKWOOL Foundation. The Institute conducts independent research into significant challenges to the economy, society and the welfare state in a global world. RFBerlin is focused on applied and data driven research that is relevant to political decision making and public debate on these important issues, and produces work that is impartial, based on objective scientific principles and adheres to the highest standards of academic excellence. RFBerlin is deeply connected to a broad international knowledge network and collaborates closely with its partner unit in Copenhagen.
The administrative manager will provide efficient and effective administrative service to the Institute through appropriate management of its operations. The administration of the Institute will be conducted in close cooperation with the existing administrative setup in the Copenhagen partner unit, especially with regard to financial management.
- Coordinating and managing the operations and activities of the Institute.
- Administering the day-to-day operations of the Institute, including handling office communications, arranging calls and meetings, organizing business travel, assisting in payroll administration and recruiting activities.
- Administering the Institute’s financial activities in consultation with the Director and the finance manager in Copenhagen; drafting budgets, processing invoices and reimbursement; preparing financial data and charts for reports.
- Managing research grants, tracking budget compliance; supporting grant seeking by drafting formal sections of grant applications.
- Providing editorial assistance including drafting, proofreading, advanced formatting and editing documents.
- Acting as first point of contact for internal and external partners, supporting networking with international research partners and global fellows.
- Organising events of various sizes, from small departmental seminars to international workshops and conferences involving hundreds of delegates.
- Managing and proactively driving the Institute’s communication activities, including coordinating RFBerlin’s media coverage, maintaining the Institute’s web presence, organising media interviews and disseminating research results.
- Assisting in planning RFBerlin’s future activities and public engagements.
- Ensuring all Data Protection obligations are met, supported by external advisors where appropriate.
- Experience in a complex administration role in the field of higher education, scientific research or similar.
- Bachelor level university degree or equivalent.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and German; ability to compose correspondence and other written materials; proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience in managing, producing and maintaining administrative data, including use of relevant database software.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, interpret figures and statistics accurately.
- Robust experience with budgetary management and financial monitoring systems.
- Proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships on a senior level within a scientific environment; ability to interact, negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; able to manage own workload and adhere to tight deadlines in a busy environment through effective prioritisation, time management and organisational skills.
- Service-oriented with a can-do attitude, strongly self-driven, always committed to the highest professional standards.
- Interested in politics and development of society.
The salary will be according to the federal pay scale EG 13 TVöD Bund, which ranges from about €4100 to €6100 (gross monthly salary).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately; all applications will be given full consideration. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to participate in an interview.
Please send your complete application package (all documents combined and saved in one PDF) to Gabriele Grotjohann ([email protected]). Please also e-mail her concerning any questions you might have.