The ROCKWOOL Foundation Berlin Institute for the Economy and the Future of Work (RFBerlin) seeks an all-round administrative manager to assist the Director in all operational tasks. The place of employment is Berlin.
RFBerlin is a newly established research institute supported by the ROCKWOOL Foundation. The institute performs independent research on key challenges facing the economy, society, and the welfare state in a global world. RFBerlin concentrates on practical and data-based research pertinent to political verdicts and prevalent discussions on these critical concerns, creates impartial work grounded on objective scientific principles, and conforms to the utmost standards of academic excellence. RFBerlin has strong ties to a vast global network and works closely with its partner unit in Copenhagen.
The administrative manager will provide administrative services to the Institute by managing its operations appropriately. The Institute’s administration will be conducted in close cooperation with the current administrative setup in the Copenhagen partner unit, particularly concerning financial management.
- Coordinating and managing the operations and activities of the Institute.
- Administering the day-to-day operations of the Institute, including handling office communications, arranging calls and meetings, organizing business travel, assisting in payroll administration and recruiting activities.
- Administering the Institute’s financial activities in consultation with the Director and the finance manager in Copenhagen; drafting budgets, processing invoices and reimbursement; preparing financial data and charts for reports.
- Managing research grants, tracking budget compliance; supporting grant seeking by drafting formal sections of grant applications.
- Providing editorial assistance including drafting, proofreading, advanced formatting and editing documents.
- Acting as first point of contact for internal and external partners, supporting networking with international research partners and global fellows.
- Organising events of various sizes, from small departmental seminars to international workshops and conferences involving hundreds of delegates.
- Managing and proactively driving the Institute’s communication activities, including coordinating RFBerlin’s media coverage, maintaining the Institute’s web presence, organising media interviews and disseminating research results.
- Assisting in planning RFBerlin’s future activities and public engagements.
- Ensuring all Data Protection obligations are met, supported by external advisors where appropriate.
- Experience in a complex administration role in the field of higher education, scientific research or similar.
- Bachelor level university degree or equivalent.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and German; ability to compose correspondence and other written materials; proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience in managing, producing and maintaining administrative data, including use of relevant database software.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, interpret figures and statistics accurately.
- Robust experience with budgetary management and financial monitoring systems.
- Proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships on a senior level within a scientific environment; ability to interact, negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; able to manage own workload and adhere to tight deadlines in a busy environment through effective prioritisation, time management and organisational skills.
- Service-oriented with a can-do attitude, strongly self-driven, always committed to the highest professional standards.
- Interested in politics and development of society.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary will normally be in accordance with the German pay scale EG 13 TVöD Bund, which ranges from approximately €4100 to €6100 (gross monthly salary). Other compensation may be considered for exceptional candidates.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae (all documents combined and saved in one PDF) to [email protected].
RFBerlin is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Thank you for considering a career with RFBerlin. We look forward to receiving your application!