The ROCKWOOL Foundation Berlin Institute for the Economy and the Future of Work (RFBerlin) is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Communication Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective communication strategies that promote the Institute and its mission. The place of employment is Berlin.
RFBerlin is a new research institute funded by the ROCKWOOL Foundation. The Institute conducts independent research into significant challenges to the economy, society, and the welfare state in a global world. RFBerlin is focused on applied and data-driven research that is relevant to political decision-making and public debate on these important issues, and produces work that is impartial, based on objective scientific principles, and adheres to the highest standards of academic excellence. RFBerlin is deeply connected to a broad international knowledge network and collaborates closely with its partner unit in Copenhagen.
The communication manager will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the Institute’s communication strategy. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with media outlets and managing the Institute’s online presence. The job may also involve working with internal stakeholders to ensure that communication efforts are aligned with the Institute’s overall goals and objectives. The communication of the Institute will be conducted in close cooperation with the existing communication setup in the Copenhagen partner unit.
Job Title: RFBerlin Communication Manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with media outlets, including pitching story ideas and securing coverage
- Engage and cooperate actively with researchers to distil the essence of their research and support them with putting the main contribution into a broader context that is interesting and accessible to a larger public audience
- Create and disseminate marketing materials, including press releases, and social media content
- Manage the Institute’s online presence, including website content and social media accounts
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that communication efforts are aligned with the Institute’s goals and objectives
- Provide communication training to staff and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a communication management role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Experience with digital communication tools and platforms, such as Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and Photoshop
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; able to manage own workload and adhere to tight deadlines in a busy environment through effective prioritisation, time management, and organisational skills
- Service-oriented with a can-do attitude, strongly self-driven, always committed to the highest professional standards
- Interested in politics and the development of society
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately; all applications will be given full consideration. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to participate in an interview. The starting date is as soon as possible.
Please send your complete application package (all documents combined and saved in one pdf) to Zarifa Mohamad, [email protected]. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Christian Dustmann, [email protected], or Alexandra Spitz-Oener, [email protected].