ROCKWOOL FOUNDATION BERLIN – Institute for the Economy and the Future of Work (RFBerlin), a research institute focused on applied and data-driven research, seeks a student assistant to support our team. As a student assistant, you will assist with administrative duties, project coordination, and empirical analyses in a research project led jointly by Prof. Dr. Alexandra Spitz-Oener and Prof. Sulin Sardoschau, Ph.D. This position offers a unique chance to gain hands-on experience in data-driven research and develop research skills in a dynamic and supportive environment. The position is part-time and offers flexible hours, allowing you to balance work and your studies. We are excited to welcome a new team member to our office in Berlin and would like to offer an immediate start for the position based on individual agreement.
- Collect and prepare data and perform data analysis using various software packages including Stata, R and/or Python (optional).
- Assist wit project coordination, including scheduling meetings, tracking deadlines, and communication with team members.
- Attend and take notes at team meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Currently enrolled as a bachelor or master student in economics or statistics.
- Good coding skills in Stata, R and/or Python (optional).
- Interest in research and data analysis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German optional).
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
How to Apply
RFBerlin is an equal-opportunity employer. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, transcripts, and, (if applicable) references and a past coding assignment/project illustrating your ability to work with large datasets to [email protected] by June 18, 2023. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position and how your qualifications make you a strong fit for the role.